Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 30 (Who?), Viewed: 3533 times.
Page 2 of 2
Forum Resident
#26 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:19 PM
Looking good so far. i don't know who he is but i think you could change the eyes to have a rounder and smaller pupil also the beard you can make a slightly higher contrast showing both darker and lighter straws and a few bald spots on the side of the each cheek. The white goatie I don't see in your reference picture so you can easily mix that white part to be more like the rest. Good luck.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:54 PM Last edited by billielith : 4th Apr 2018 at 6:23 PM.
Hi again!
Sorry about the delay, I got a new job! And it's taking a lot of me, lol.
Quick recap on the comments left in the last few weeks:

Red Sonja
- Too much white in his beard
- Expression too soft
- Deeper wrinkle around the nose/mouth (I had this comment before, I still need to fix it)

Sunrader
- v3 was better
- v3 brows were better (someone disagreed with this - maybe I need to make new brows from Jeffrey Dean Morgan's own)

Liz
- shape of the jaw needs work
- face is softer all around
- too much white in his beard

telefen
- eyes might need editing
- beard needs work
- too much white in his beard

Well, for the moment I am not at home, so I can't make the suggested edits until later this week (or later today if I can), but I felt a bit stuck with my errors in his face shape, I was unsure how to fix them, so I took his picture and drew outlines around the features on the sim, and placed them on the picture of the man to really see what works and what doesn't. Here is the result:

What I see with this comparison:
- skintone has dots/moles he does not have (?!)
- eyes and brows could be ok - but if I make JDM's own brows it could be even better
- eye pupils seem the right size but maybe they should be a bit lower - he doesn't look up to people but down on them
- head needs to be wider
- ears need to be a bit lower
- nose and mouth need to be higher
- lower lip of the mouth needs to be wider
- area between nose and mouth needs to be a bit longer
- the sim needs more wrinkles, especially around the nose/mouth but near the eyes too
- his mustache would need to go down over his upper lip - is that even possible in Sims2? one way to find out, lol.
- and there's - indeed, like you all said - wayyy too much white in his beard.
- Do you see anything else?

As soon as I find the time, I'll work on the edits you suggested and on the ones my comparison suggests, and post a next update. Meanwhile, if you see something I did not see, please tell! Thanks for following this and for your help! Together we'll make the Negan we all love to hate (or love to admire, depending!).

Screenshots

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 5:27 PM
it's different angled, the comparison. If you want to go in such details then you should also do the comparison right.

but the ears are indeed a bit higher on the real model, nose is just a tad bit shorter (higher) and mouth is indeed a bit higher too. The thing you can do is give him mouth crease, but I'm not sure that would look alright.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:16 AM Last edited by billielith : 5th Apr 2018 at 10:02 AM.
Hi mixa97sr, thanks for joining!

The difference in angle was just a horizontal flip, I didn't think it mattered, but I tried it again anyway, just in case, and it does matter. Everything I noticed before is still true, but now even the eyes and brows seem to need to be edited a little in both size and location. Good find!

Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 9:54 AM
Update - version 9. Edits previously mentioned have been made.

- I changed his goatee - Mine and Tabby/Phae, one is too grey, the other is too dark, isn't it? need a new one?
- I worked on is expression, tried to harden it a little, now he still seems a bit weird, like about to sneeze, not sure how to fix that
- I worked on the shape of his face/jaw, made it a bit rounder
- His face is a bit wider
- Ears are a bit lower and wider
- Nose and mouth are a bit higher and the shape has been worked on
- lower lip is a bit fuller
- area between nose and mouth is longer
- I lowered the eyes a little

What do you think? is it an improvement or am I regressing?

To-do list:
- Folds and wrinkles
- Brows
- hiding the moles on the skintone
- pink color on the nose
- fuller mustache?
- anything else?
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#31 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 3:24 AM
I think you can reduce the distance between his eyebrows a bit and also your Main character has a bony sort of face as his cheek bones are protruding a bit maybe you can make your model like that. Also his chin should be a bit shorter and the jaw a bit wider, your version 1 looks closest i think. As far as the beard well itis missing an important detaile pertaining to that sort of a beard which is untouched and natural 3 weeks beard, and that is the downward stack of wiskers directly below the lips. There's is those and an empty space below on each side followed by the goatie , I'm looking at the actor face now. Bring his eyes a bit closer, I use Nopke's sliders here at MTS which are really good for that. Are you using a special mesh for the mustaches or are they just painted on?. cause there is a set of bushy mustach which is maxis and they go way over the lips and maybe you can do fix integrity on them and reshape them to look the way you want them. Good luck and be persistent.
Page 2 of 2