Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 217 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:25 PM
Default Making Custom Food -- WA EP Dried Food; help, please?
Alrighty, so I'm trying to make an item sims can eat, based off the World Adventures dried food morsel.

I tried following the directions Arsil put up here: http://modthesims.info/d/578872

Quote:
Now, let's say you want an object that creates a morsel.

It doesn't matter what "food maker" you use, I want to make a real example to show how to add an NGMP resource for an existing CC food (not a recipe!).
There are many of those, ATS3 has loads of them, so let's use one of her items again for this example: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/f...n_food_01.shtml
I'll use the very first item on that page: the croissant.

Note: I only use .package files, but you only need to convert the CC to know the InstanceID
of the OBJD resource (you can also get it in game using NRaas DebugEnabler).

So, I convert the Sims3pack to package (with Lepid Llama unpacker) and open it with S3PE.
I copy to the clipboard (or in a temp text document) the InstanceID of the OBJD (0x0B9579...)

Now let's use S3PE to calculate the fnv64 hashing of the unique string we'll use as "name" of the object.
A good example for a name is ATS3_edible_croissant, so we use S3PE's Tools -> FNV Hash...,
we put ATS3_edible_croissant as "text to hash" and click on "calculate" then we copy to the clipboard
(or in a temp text document) the code (0x7441...).

Now, in the same package of the object or in a new one made for this purpose (especially if you
want to keep the CC in Sims3pack format), you can add a new NGMP resource. With S3PE you:
- click on the "Resource" voice in the menu and then choose "Add..."
- set NGMP as type (click "N" to avoid scrolling) and 0 as group
- put a unique name for the resource (e.g. ATS3_croissant_NGMP)
- tick the "Use resource name" and click the "FNV64" button
- click the "OK" button
- Now select the newly created resource and then click the "Grid" button (on the bottom of S3PE interface)
- select the "Data" row and then click on "..." on the right
- click on the "Add" button on the bottom
- in the NameHash field put the fnv64 hashing of the unique string we calculated earlier (0x744...)
- in the Instance field paste the InstanceID of the OBJD that we copied earlier (0x0B9579...)
- click on the OK button and then on the Commit button
- save the package

Now, in game, you can use AT3_edible_croissant as morsel name with the "Set morsels" configuring
interaction. [21th June 2016 UPDATE] The interaction will use the catalog name of the object, so make
sure that it is "pleasant to read" checking the STBL (seeing "Arsil's custom food #4" would be bad, right?).

Note: to keep it simple, this will only work for objects (OBJDs) with 0 (0x00000000) as GroupID.
On the other hand, if a creator makes a CC food using a different GroupID then I'd say it's their fault.

Note: you don't need an NGMP resource for each item, you need an entry in a NGMP,
so you can use the same resource for associating more name-InstanceId couples.

And I tried simply cloning the dried food in TSRW.

Both times, I installed my package, loaded the game, and the custom food I made was nowhere to be seen in build/buy mode.
(Yes, I have Arsil's script installed -- I've used other creators' custom foods like Sandy's cake slices and Arsil/Noir's onigiri in my gameplays before, so the mechanics are there -- MY food's clearly just busted. )

I don't know if there was a step I missed or something I overlooked, so if anyone knows how to properly go about making custom foods, I'd really appreciate the help!

(The coded version is the one I made using Arsil's coding tutorial, on a plant decor item. The WA-EP version is the one I cloned in TSRW from the dried food.)
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip MurfeeL_Acorn as Edible Morsel - Coded.zip (959.7 KB, 0 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip MurfeeL_Acorn as Edible Morsel (WA EP).zip (634.8 KB, 0 downloads) - View custom content